HOW TO APPLY STEP BY STEP
1. Fill in the application form
2. Pay the application fee
State treasury bank account: 7000149544/8180
Variable symbol: 0001
Constant symbol: 0308
IBAN: SK63 8180 0000 00700 0149 544
Swift Code (BIC): SPSRSKBAXXX
3. Prepare your CV and Motivation letter
4. Send all the documents (proof of payment, CV and motivation letter) via email
to sofm.uniba.sk no later than May 31, 2022
5. Based on your documents you will be informed if you are eligible for the study
6. In your acceptance letter is provided that you are conditionally admitted for the full-time study
7. To complete the enrolment you need to present a certificate of equivalence/validation of your education called “nostrification”
Undergraduate study (bachelor)
In order to get the recognition documents, the apostilled or superlegalized High school documents officially translated into Slovak (Diploma and Transcript of Records, or Diploma Supplement) are submitted to the Ministry of Education and then with the position of the Ministry, to the County School Authority which issues the Nostrification document, or prescribes additional examinations or additional study. The recognition document issued by the County School Authority serves as a High School Diploma in Slovak Republic for academic purposes.
Graduate study (master)
In order to get the recognition documents, the apostilled or superlegalized documents officially translated into Slovak (Diploma and Diploma Supplement) are submitted to the Ministry of Education and then with the position of the Ministry, to the appropriate Slovak University which offers the same or similar study program. The University considers the applicant’s study content and issues the Recognition document, or prescribes additional examinations or the defense of the Bachelor Thesis. The recognition document issued by a Slovak University serves as a Bachelor Diploma in Slovak Republic for academic purposes.
Recognizing documents on study abroad at Comenius University
The superlegalisation process for students from 3rd counties is following:
- verify your academic documents in your home country (Ministry of education in your home country and subsequently to Ministry of foreign affairs of your home country)
- get stamp from Slovak embassy which is responsible for verification of formal documents in your home country.
- submit your documents for sworn translation (sworn translators must be listed in Slovak register of sworn translator. Please note that it is important to translate documents only after you have all stamps from the ministries and embassy of Slovakia)
- submit documents all your documents translated to Slovak with official form
We suggest starting with the process as soon as possible as it may take 4-8 weeks according to terms and dates you will get from ministries and embassy.
8. Submit you decision on nostrification no later than on the date specified for enrolment